I understand that I am going to complete a registration process to help Harambee choose the people who best match the criteria for any work, volunteering or learning opportunities they have.
By joining the network and registering with Harambee, I agree that all information that I give to Harambee (or their affiliates, agents or contractors) or that they find out about me through my registration, their application processes and through my participation in any further Harambee services, can be used or shared by Harambee (with possible employers, agents, contractors or funders) in order to:
- Secure me a place on a Harambee programme
- Secure possible employment for me
- Allow me to access Harambee assessments
- Conduct criminal, credit, reference or other related checks on me
- Obtain funding for their programmes
- Comply with laws that authorise or require processing of data
- Perform research
- Promote Harambee or one of their programmes
- Create a database of Harambee alumni
I am aware that, from time to time, Harambee may contact me to ask me about my situation - regardless of whether I am accepted into the Harambee process or not. The purpose of this is for Harambee to understand how to improve the work that they are doing.
I understand that as part of the Harambee process I will undergo assessments at various points in my journey and at all times I am required to act with honesty and take these assessments by myself without lying, cheating or using answers that are not my own. If I am dishonest this will result in my results being invalid and I will be removed from the Harambee process.
Harambee might ask me questions about my gender and my race. My responses to these questions will not affect my eligibility to register with Harambee. Harambee will store and process my responses to these questions strictly in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013.
Furthermore, I understand that:
- Harambee will keep my personal information on file. They will only do so for only as long as it is reasonably needed unless required by law or contractual obligation;
- My data will be subject to security safeguards to ensure that the information is safe;
- I have the right to access and to rectify my personal information collected as well as to ask for it to be deleted;
- I have the right to object at any time to the processing of my personal information, in which case, the consequences of the objection will be explained to me;
- Harambee will use my 13-digit ID number as my username to enable me to access its mobi-site; and
- If I need to reset my password Harambee will use my 13-digit ID number and my cellphone number to verify my identity.
I have read, understood and expressly agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. I am aware that no expectation of employment or future employment is created and that I shall not hold Harambee and/or any employers responsible for the outcome of my application.
I also understand that Harambee shall not be liable for the failure of any technical element relating to my application that may result in my registration not being successfully submitted.
The terms and conditions pertaining to any services offered by Harambee shall at all times be solely and exclusively governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa.